So Gearbox and 2K Australia have teamed up to give us another Borderlands to play around with. This time the game takes place on Pandora's moon, and will feature low gravity combat as well as tons of new weapons to play around with. Now of course some of the big questions has to be:
- What Platforms is this Coming out For? PlayStation 3, XBOX 360, and PC
- When is it Coming out? Fall of 2014
- What Characters will we get to play with?
- Athena, the Gladiator: Uses her Kinetic Aspis, which is a shield that can absorb incoming damage, then convert it back into energy to use against enemies. Athena made her debut in The Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC for the first Borderlands game.
- Wilhelm, the Enforcer: Wilhelm was previously seen in Borderlands 2 as one of the first deadly bosses in the game.
- Nisha, the Lawbringer: The sheriff of Lynchwood from Borderlands 2, Nisha will be dealing out her own brand of justice, which we'll discuss further in the coming months.
- Claptrap, the Fragtrap: Wait - Claptrap? The goofy robot companion from Borderlands 2, now playable for the first time? Fragtrap is his character class? Well, you can play him too!
So I guess the only thing left to do is patiently wait for more information, and of course for the months to fly by so that we can get our hands on it. Now I do want to point out the platforms of choice are the current gen and do not include the PS4 and the XBOX ONE. Personally I think this was done on purpose. My reasoning behind that though is the following:
- Don't have to reinvent the engine and code for the game to come out
- This game has NEVER BEEN overly graphically intensive so it doesn't need the boost
- Finally, PS4 and XBOX ONE are spending way too much of their attention on their mediacentricness instead of the fact that there are games to be played on the system.
So in closing here's a picture of what the game is looking like right now: